1. Go on a nature walk with some scissors and buckets. This nature walk may be in your garden if you are lucky enough to have holly bushes and assorted foliage, not the case if you have a patio and some artificial grass.
2. Come home for a hot chocolate.
3. Cut the sprigs into small sizes. Get some glass mason jars. Give your 4 and 2 year old a mason jar each and an assortment of leaves, berries, boughs, mini baubles and old shiny beads etc. Have a cup of tea while they fill their jars, remove everything and then rearrange until they have the Perfect Christmas jar, like this:
4. Find a tray, line with foil. Pop the jars and a candle on the tray. Give your 4 and 2 year olds another pile of assorted leaves, berries, glittery pine cones.
5. Have another cup of tea.Put the tray on your coffee table. Very festive! Very smug! Extremely lazy.